Emerging Faces - A channel for bringing out beauty from within! Feel free to email me at info@emergingfaces.com if you have any feedback or special requests.



Saturday, January 23, 2010

Adanne's Makeup & Headtie for Engagement Photo Shoot

I just love what I do!
I had to rush down to the Wortham Center here in Houston to do Adanne's makeup for her engagement photo shoot. It was my first time meeting Adanne though I had spoken with her on the phone (during consultation), I've never seen someone with such a beautiful smile; right from the beginning of the makeover session till the very end. Her Fiance was of course present to watch his 'bride to be' transform into an African queen.
Usually makeup comes before the headtie, so I started by priming her face (she had cleansed & moisturized her face earlier). More often than not, I apply foundation before concealing the dark circles and spots but this time, I started with the concealer and then applied the foundation. There really wasn't any explanation for this, just wanted to do things a little different. Matching eye shadows were used and the false eyelashes (I prefer the natural looking ones for engagement/bridal makeup) completed the glamorous look. Didn't waste so much time on the lips so she could continue her beautiful smile.......lol and the makeover was completed  with compact powder, cheek contour and a highlighting bronzer.
The headtie styling was a breeze, fabric was "ankara" so no time was wasted in styling it.
I really enjoyed working with Adanne and can't wait for the wedding coming up in November.

Lola Longe, Master Makeup Artist, Houston, TX




8 comments:

Kevwe said...

Wow, this is really nice. Very impressive. Job well done.

Vincent said...

The difference is 7Up. Not saying the original was bad but the final product is sure, better. Outstanding job

Lucia said...

What an outstanding job. I think I need a makeover.

Evevakpo said...

Wow, what a transfrmation. Great job on a nice face. She look gorgous.

Anonymous said...

great job. Need one myself

Ifeyinwa said...

Looks good!

Busola said...

This is awesome, nice job and looks damn pretty. Makeup is one thing I have a passion for, used to make up on my barbie doll while growing up (lol). Sincerely, do you run an online course that could help make someone like me a professional make up artist?

karrie said...

Great Job Lola, i'm very proud of u. Ur fully booked for me and my crew for my wedding & engagement ceremony. Will call u to give u more details. Keep up d brilliant work dear.